ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

Re: [npoc-voice] Upcoming ICANN 52 Singapore meeting events

  • To: Rudi Vansnick <rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [npoc-voice] Upcoming ICANN 52 Singapore meeting events
  • From: Glenn McKnight <mcknight.glenn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 07:58:21 -0500

*Singapore Pathfinder Webinar Program*

*"What every Civil Society Organization should Know about its use of the
Internet and Never Dared to Ask!"*

(South East Asia Regional Webinar)

*Date & **Time: February 10, 2015 11:30-13:00 SGT (3:30-5:00 UTC) *

*Event Location: Moor Room, Raffles City Convention Centre, Singapore*

We are pleased to invite you the first of a series of webinars and
face-to-face dialogs addressing the vital operational concerns and
strategic uses of the Internet for non-profits and non-governmental
organizations.

Civil Society and Non-Governmental Organizations are the Internet’s largest
stakeholder group, and they are becoming increasingly dependent on how the
Internet operates in order to carry out work in pursuit of their vision and
Mission.

This regional Pathfinder webinars and dialogues series is designed to
address vital operational concerns, explore challenges and present
effective strategic uses of the Internet by Civil Society and NGO
organizations. Presenters from Internet stakeholder groups will address
issues that directly impact Civil Society organization use of the Internet.
This is Pathfinder’s second regional session. The first was in Washington
D.C. in early January. There are more to follow. Pathfinder is an
initiative of the Global Knowledge Partnership Foundation. This South East
Asia Regional Webinar is hosted by ICANN’s Not-For-Profit Operational
Concerns Constituency (NPOC) with assistance from Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
 (Washington D.C.) and the Alpha & Omega Law Corporation (Singapore)

Topic 1: *“Making it work for you: Emerging Opportunities and Challenges
for Civil Society Organizations on the Internet”*

Presenter: *Sam Lanfranco*, Chair, NPOC Policy Committee; Chair,
ISOC-Canada Public Policy Committee

Topic 2: *“Civil Society Online: Domain Names, Brand Protection and Abuse
Prevention”*

Presenters: *Renee Xavier*, Director, Alpha & Omega Law Firm
(Singapore); *Brian
J. Winterfeldt*, Head of Internet Practice, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
(Washington D.C.)

Topic 3: *“ICANN's Role in Civil Society Organization Internet
Opportunities and Challenges”*

Presenters: *ICANN Staff* (to be confirmed)

Moderator: *Rudi Vansnick*, Chair, Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns
Constituency (NPOC)

*For further information, how to connect please RSVP to: webinar@xxxxxxxx
<webinar@xxxxxxxx?subject=RSVP%20Webinar%2014%20Januari%202015>*

If you have any questions or suggestions please contact us : Klaus Stoll,
klaus.stoll@xxxxxxxx <klaus.stoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

*Rudi Vansnick, rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxxx <rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>*

Glenn McKnight
mcknight.glenn@xxxxxxxxx