ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] Fwd: [liaison6c] Public Comments requested: ICANN Draft FY16 Operating Plan & Budget

  • To: "npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx" <npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Fwd: [liaison6c] Public Comments requested: ICANN Draft FY16 Operating Plan & Budget
  • From: Olévié Kouami <olivierkouami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 07:43:42 +0000

Hi !
Please, FYI.
Cheers !
-Olevie-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 08:47:12 +0000
Subject: [liaison6c] Public Comments requested: ICANN Draft FY16
Operating Plan & Budget
To: liaison6c <liaison6c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Announcement: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2015-03-18-en
Public comment page:
https://www.icann.org/public-comments/op-budget-fy16-2015-03-18-en

ICANN Draft FY16 Operating Plan & Budget
Follow
Updates<https://www.icann.org/users/sign_up?document_id=13443&following=true>

Open Date: 18 Mar 2015 23:59 UTC

Close Date: 1 May 2015 23:59 UTC

Staff Report Due: 29 May 2015 23:59 UTC

Comments close in 43 Days

Contents

  *   Brief
Overview<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/op-budget-fy16-2015-03-18-en#brief>
     *   Submit Comment to
Forum<mailto:comments-op-budget-fy16-18mar15@xxxxxxxxx>
     *   Comments
Forum<http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-op-budget-fy16-18mar15/>
  *   Section I: Description, Explanation &
Purpose<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/op-budget-fy16-2015-03-18-en#section1>
  *   Section II:
Background<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/op-budget-fy16-2015-03-18-en#section2>
  *   Section III: Relevant
Resources<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/op-budget-fy16-2015-03-18-en#section3>
  *   Section IV: Additional
Information<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/op-budget-fy16-2015-03-18-en#section4>
  *   Section V:
Reports<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/op-budget-fy16-2015-03-18-en#section5>
  *   Staff
Contact<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/op-budget-fy16-2015-03-18-en#staff_contact>

Brief Overview

Focusing on ICANN's commitment to the multi-stakeholder model, the
ICANN Draft FY16 Operating Plan & Budget is provided for community
discussion and public comment. ICANN is seeking general feedback on
this plan, which implements the first year of ICANN's Draft Five-Year
Operating Plan, in support of the Five-Year Strategic Plan (approved
by the Board in October 2014).

Section I: Description, Explanation, and Purpose

Staff has developed a Draft FY16 Operating Plan & Budget incorporating
the applicable input from the community consultation of the Draft
Five-Year Operating Plan and Financial Model. ICANN is now seeking
community feedback on the Draft FY16 Operating Plan & Budget, which
includes the plan of activities and budget for the first year of the
Draft Five-Year Operating Plan.

Section II: Background

ICANN's planning process consists of a continuous cycle of three
planning components: Strategic
Plan<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/strategic-plan-2016-2020-10oct14-en.pdf>
[PDF, 1.65 MB], Five-Year Operating
Plan<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/proposed-opplan-budget-2016-2020-06feb15-en.pdf>
[PDF, 1.05 MB], and Annual Operating Plan & Budget.

  *   Strategic Plan is developed with community input and updated
every five years. The Strategic Plan shapes our priorities, informs
our budget and drives our activities. ICANN's Strategic Plan for
FY16-FY20 was approved by the Board and published on 14 October 2014.
  *   Five-Year Operating Plan, which is developed with community
input and is updated yearly, contains a Five Year Planning Calendar, a
Financial Model, and at the Goal level: corresponding Key Performance
Indicators, Risks, 5-Year Phasing, and a list of Portfolios
  *   Annual Operating Plan & Budget is developed based on the
Five-Year Operating Plan along with input from the community.

The cycle completes with Achievement & Progress Reporting.

Following the approval of the FY16-FY20 Strategic Plan in October
2014, ICANN staff developed and obtained community consultation on a
Draft Five-Year Operating Plan, which is scheduled for Board approval
in June 2015.

Section III: Relevant Resources

  *   Draft FY16 Operating Plan & Budget
[PDF<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/proposed-opplan-budget-fy16-18mar15-en.pdf>,
26 MB]
[DOCX<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/proposed-opplan-budget-fy16-docx-18mar15-en.docx>,
2.8 MB]
  *   FY16 Projects by project
[PDF<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/proposed-opplan-budget-portfolio-fy16-18mar15-en.pdf>,
573 KB]
  *   Planning Process:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/planning-en
  *   Approved Strategic Plan:
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/strategic-plan-2016-2020-10oct14-en.pdf
[PDF, 1.64 MB]
  *   Financial Information:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/financials-2012-02-25-en
  *   Report on the Five-Year Operating Plan consultation:
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/report-comments-draft-five-year-ops-06feb15-en.pdf
[PDF, 666 KB]

Section IV: Additional Information

A session on Strategic and Operating Planning held at the ICANN 51 in
Los Angeles - see
http://la51.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-strategic-planning for further
details.

Fadi Chehade's (President and CEO) opening address at ICANN 51:
https://www.icann.org/presidents-corner

Section V: Reports
Staff Contact
Carole Cornell