ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] Pathfinder Update April 2015

  • To: "npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx NPOC" <npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Pathfinder Update April 2015
  • From: Klaus Stoll <klaus.stoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 05:31:09 -0400

*Pathfinder Update April 2015*

The Pathfinder Initiative was created to address Civil Societies operational Concerns, to help build effective Civil Society Internet use strategies, and to broaden and deepen engagement in crucial Internet ecosystem multi stakeholder policy and implementation dialogues. The goal of the Pathfinder Initiative is to raise awareness and organizational capacity to engage in strategic Internet planning and to promote organizational voices in areas of Internet policy formation and implementation relevant to their work and their mission. Pathfinder Initiative activities are designed to produce win-win policy and practice outcomes.

Pathfinder is happy to be able to provide you with a short update on the activities of the coming month.

*Upcoming activities:*

Pathfinder will participate at the *IAD Summit 14th-16th April in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe*. http://extensia-events.com/events/innovation-africa-digital-iad-summit-2015/ We will together with our partners from AFiCTA give a keynote presentation and participate in a panel. During the conference we will also have a number of meetings to arrange for the implementation of DNS operational concerns awareness and capacity building in the Africa region.

*ICANN 53 Buenos Aires,* http://buenosaires53.icann.org/en/ Pathfinder will hold three meetings in connection with ICANN 53:
a) A LAC NGO Caucus on Internet Governance and
b) A "Meet ICANN" event that enables civil Society representatives and others to get to know ICANN face to face.
c) A__NPOC Constituency day encounter with NGOs.

The details of the three events will be made available soon. All events will be planed and implemented with a number of other stakeholders and partners. A number of awareness and capacity building events for all regions are in the planning phase. We are also having talks with a number of organizations to establish MoUs and implement joint activities with them.

*Surveys:*
The European survey is under way and outcomes we will provide regular updates. A Survey for the LAC region has been agreed and currently the translation of the survey into Spanish and Portuguese is under way. We expect the implementation of the LAC survey shortly.

We are currently working with partners on the regional structure and languages available of the Asia survey. We expect the implementation of these surveys in the coming month.

The surveys for the North America and Africa regions are currently under discussion.

If you are interested in becoming a implementation or funding partner for any of the regional surveys, please let us know.

*Brochure:*
A first draft of a Pathfinder Brochure has been created, see attached. After further refinement the Brochure will be available in time for the IAD meeting in Zimbabwe and the ICANN Buenos Aires meeting.

*Pathfinder Partners:*
Pathfinder will meet over the next weeks with a number of organizations that have indicated their interest to become Pathfinder implementation and/or funding partners. We hope that we will be able to announce a number of MoU agreements and new activities soon.If you are interested in becoming a implementation or funding partner of Pathfinder, please let us know.

*For questions or further information on the Pathfinder Initiative, please do not hesitate to contact us:*
Klaus Stoll, GKPF Managing Director, klaus.stoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rudi Vansnick, GKPF Board Member and Treasurer, rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxxx

http://www.gkpf.org/?p=gkpf-pathfinder&ln=en&level=4