ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc]

[npoc] ICANN plans to fund NPOC in FY2013

  • To: Lori Schulman <lori.schulman@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc] ICANN plans to fund NPOC in FY2013
  • From: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 14:29:23 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

You will most likely be pleased to learn that our efforts in 2011 and 2012,
as well as those of our early predecessors, have finally paid dividends:
 ICANN's draft budget for FY2013 includes a budget line of $76,000 for
NPOC's 2012-2013 Programs, Partnerships and Communications (see page 73) +
3 travel slots (see note no. 4 page 74).

Obviously ICANN has appreciated our outreach proposals (submitted in the
spring - I shared the final submission with the interim NPOC EC folks at
the time. I will dig it out over the next few days and share with the
current EC).

See
http://www.icann.org/en/about/financials/proposed-opplan-budget-v1-fy13-01may12-enfor
the entire budget. I also shared my public comments about this budget
with you recently. Please comment further as you see fit by sending your
email comments to op-budget-fy13@xxxxxxxxx .

It is now time for each and everyone of us to consider assuming some
Committee work. I have carried the bulk of that type of work and that is
not sustainable. It is beneficial for each and everyone of you to go
further up your broad ICANN learning curve. We can discuss this in our
upcoming June call and Amber and I can share our experience.

As soon as I have more details on the NPOC Budget, I will share....for
instance I do not know what "3 travel slots" mean... is it 3 per meeting
(There will be 2 meetings after Prague in the FY2013 period)? or 3 for the
two meetings? Also, what is a "travel slot" - I think it probably means a
"travel allocation" as per the Travel Directives of ICANN - ie airfare +
hotel + per diem. I have asked the question.

I have copied this email to npoc@xxxxxxxxx for transparency and archiving -
we need to do this more systematically as our communications trafic goes
up. Please be aware not to post or include in any response anything you do
not wish to be public. Clearly, confidential and/or delicate matters, and
they are some on occasion, are to be discussed directly between us. Thanks.

Cheers, Alain

--
Alain Berranger, B.Eng, MBA
Member, Board of Directors, CECI,