ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc]

[npoc] Preliminary GNSO Issue Report on the Protection of International Organization Names in New gTLDs

  • To: "npoc@xxxxxxxxx" <npoc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc] Preliminary GNSO Issue Report on the Protection of International Organization Names in New gTLDs
  • From: Eduardo Monge <eduardo.monge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 13:48:49 -0600

Colleagues of NPOC EC:
I was able to skim through the document on "Preliminary GNSO Issue Report on
the Protection of International Organization Names in New gTLDs"  (prepared by
Authors: Margie Milam and Brian Peck) and available at this announcement link :
  http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-5-04jun12-en.htm
 I was interested to note I could not find any mention of the NPOC's
recommendation made publicly in front of GNSO Council in San José; to use the
criteria of International Legal Personality (ILP), none directly credited to
NPOC, although  the concept of  INGO having a  "independent international legal
personality" is mentioned a couple of times, on pages 12 and 32.
A good read ... if I had more time which I don´t at this time.   Perhaps any of
you can and share more insights.

Saludos,
Eduardo