ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

I say absolutely not!!!!!

  • To: <org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I say absolutely not!!!!!
  • From: "John Romano" <jkromano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:11:25 -0400

Dear Icann board members:

It is important to keep the Internet accessible to all people - wherever
they live, and however limited their financial resources are. I am
vehemently opposed these changes because they truly represent an unfair tax
on domain owners. Will people be penalized instead of rewarded for being
successful commercially or in their non-profit counterparts?  For that
matter, other non-commercial endeavors on the Web?

Will non-profits whose ability to do good in the world be penalized or in
affect put out of business as a result of their increasing success in
getting their organization's message out at the cost of paying for their
annual .org!  What if TLD registration rises to exceed their total
operational budget?

"I say absolutely not.. NO..NO.NO.Do you hear me??? NO.NO.NO..."

John Romano

International Open Finance Association

www.iofasoc.org <http://www.iofasoc.org/>