ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Regarding the summary of public comments

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Regarding the summary of public comments
  • From: Tee <lapmagic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:26:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello. I was just reading the ICANN summary of public
comments draft below regarding the proposed new
registry agreements:

http://www.icann.org/announcements/comments-summary-07sep06.htm

and I feel for the most part it is well done and
accurate in detailing many of the concerns however in
the section about:

"Possibility of Exorbitant Renewal Rates"

I feel a main concern was not specifically addressed
there regarding renewal fees, and that is the
possibilty of variable pricing based on a domain's
apparent special qualities, like it being generic or
say, a three letter domain. Discriminatory and
business built value renewal pricing was addressed,
but this wasn't mentioned except in the context of new
domain registrations (as far as I can see and
understand).

Just wanted to point this out because I think it is a
also a major concern of many domain holders.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
generic