ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[org-tld-agreement]

Re: [ga] If PIR is violating its own advisory charter, why do they expect to have .org renewed?

  • To: Veni Markovski <veni@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] If PIR is violating its own advisory charter, why do they expect to have .org renewed?
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:59:10 -0700

Veni and all,

 Not anyone can posts here Veni, only those that are forum
members of this forum.  In any event, why should there be
any restrictions on any ICANN mailing list/forum?

Veni Markovski wrote:

> Hi, George.
>
> I've forwarded your message to PIR/ISOC. I just wonder - have you
> approached them? It seems that the GA list is like a mailbox - anyone
> posts here, and the postman has to deal with it...
>
> veni
>
> At 09:21 PM 12.10.2006 '?.'  -0700, George Kirikos wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >According to the .org Advisory Council Charter:
> >
> >http://www.pir.org/PDFs/pir_ac_charter.pdf
> >
> >"Section 3:... No two members of the Council will be from the same
> >non-commercial organization."
> >
> >Michael Mann and Angela Stuber are both from Grassroots.org:
> >
> >http://www.pir.org/AboutPIR/CouncilMembers.aspx
> >http://www.grassroots.org/page.ww?section=Highlights&name=Content+Detail+-+Volunteer
> >http://www.grassroots.org/page.ww?section=About&name=Board+of+Directors
> >
> >Apparently, when this was brought to the attention of PIR, instead of
> >rectifying the issue, they "did not see a problem with it".
> >
> >http://www.domainstate.com/showthread.php3?s=&postid=327276#post327276
> >
> >I have nothing against Grassroots.org, but perhaps ICANN and the public
> >should seriously consider whether PIR, an organization that seemingly
> >has no regard for their own charter, should be operating such an
> >important registry as .org. Indeed, with presumptive renewal, it would
> >be next to impossible to remove a registry operator.
> >
> >This is yet another reason why presumptive renewal should never exist
> >in any registry agreement.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >
> >George Kirikos
> >http://www.kirikos.com/
>
> Sincerely,
> Veni Markovski
> http://www.veni.com
>
> check also my blog:
> http://blog.veni.com

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827