ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] [Fwd: Taskforce Meeting GNSO PDP Feb 06: Policies for Contractual Conditions: Existing TLDs]

  • To: "'GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] [Fwd: Taskforce Meeting GNSO PDP Feb 06: Policies for Contractual Conditions: Existing TLDs]
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:50:37 -0500

Dear Liz,

Thanks for this, the second file attached is empty, and merely opens a
notepad, which is blank. Should there be a second attachment? Very nice
touch to have the "template" included!

I do have a few of questions:

 1)We agreed to have a two hour meeting for our first meeting, but this
seems to suggest that we are merely meeting for an hour,,, and there is a
conflict between what is in the body, under #4, and the scheduled time for
the TF meeting. :-)

2)Also, I am not sure that we can publish the TF "charter" on 3/17 as
"final" --  today. We had agreed that we needed a modification of the
timeline, and I see some of the changes reflected in what you sent us, but
we are just getting it today for review. It may need to be modified further
once the TF meetings. Perhaps we should refer to it as Proposed TF Charter
at this point. Normally, a TF once constituted will need to make more final
assumptions regarding its work programme, activities, etc.

3)I believe that TF chairs are elected by the TF when it convenes, not
appointed.

3)I thought that all councilors were automatically on this TF, but that
substitutions can be made within constituencies, except that there should be
one councilor per constituency. I don't see Sophia's name and wondered if
she was left off, or opted out, due to time conflicts?

4) Doesn't say so, but can I assume that the list we are  now using is all
the TF members? Since all Councilors are automatically observers, are they
on this list? Due to a change within the BC, we will be adding Alistair
Dixon, AFTER the Wellington meeting, but would like to have him in observer
status as of now, please.

Best regards

Marilyn Cade