ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Re: Taskforce Meeting GNSO PDP Feb 06: Policies for Contr

  • To: Cary Karp <ck@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Lucy.Nichols@xxxxxxxxx>, <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Re: Taskforce Meeting GNSO PDP Feb 06: Policies for Contr
  • From: <m.cubberley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:58:19 -0500

Lucy and Cary,

Thank you for this nomination, and for your vote of confidence.

I do accept this nomination and agree to allow my name to stand.

If the group chooses to elect me to chair this TF, I would be happy to do so.
This work fits well with my interests and experience. I have more than 20 years
experience chairing Boards, Committees and Task Forces, the last 10 of which
have involved Internet related organizations. I have served as a volunteer with
ICANN (ccTLD work and GNSO Council) for more than 6 years, and as a volunteer
with dot-ca prior to and throughout the establishment of CIRA, and during its
first years of operation. I chaired the CIRA Board of Directors for 3
consecutive terms.

My view of the role of a Chair is that he or she is charged with responsibility
for ensuring that the board/committee/task force establishes and follows a
fair, open and complete process, in which all voices are heard. I believe that
the Chair must enable the group to move its deliberations through these stages:
full discussion - to decision - to action.

The GNSO and its Council have a significant contribution to make to an
extremely important TLD policy, and what is needed is an effective process to
enable that contribution. In my view, this can best be achieved if the chair of
this TF is independent and is seen to be independent.

Respectfully,
Maureen