ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work

  • To: "Cubberley, Maureen \(CHT\)" <MCubberley@xxxxxxxxx>, "Liz Williams" <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>, "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Glen de Saint Gery" <glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work
  • From: "David W. Maher" <dmaher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:28:05 -0500

I can do either set of dates
David
At 01:07 PM 7/28/2006, Cubberley, Maureen \(CHT\) wrote:
Good morning All,
I have been in e-mail correspondence with Liz Williams regarding an updated schedule all the work for the PDP Feb 06 Task Force.
The schedule that follows is based on Liz's draft schedule and contains my proposed revisions, particularly with regard to meeting dates, and some sequencing of items.
Regrettably, I was unable to participate in the last Council teleconference, and according to the minutes in the MP3 there was some discussion about the timing of soliciting advice and dialogue with anti-trust and competition experts, and on the date of the next Task Force meeting.
I have proposed dates for both of these items in this revised schedule.
Two sets of dates for the next meeting of the task force are included here - two days in September or two days in October. These dates are based on indications of availability by individual Task Force members at the Marrakesh meeting, and also on the recent request to come up with more than one option for dates. Please note, I have not yet been able to run these dates by ICANN Staff.
I also ask that we add discussion of this schedule to our agenda for the Council teleconference, which will be held next Thursday, August 3. I realize that this addition is one day late for the one-week notice of agenda items. However, there is no documentation to be read and considered other than this e-mail, so I would ask the Council's and Chair?s indulgence in adding this item to next week's agenda.

Proposed Work Schedule for PDP Feb-06 Task Force

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 2

1. Distribution of an updated version of the Preliminary Report on PDP-Feb06 - Contractual conditions for existing gTLDs, which will include the input from the Marrakech meeting.
2. Cut off date for recommendations for expert materials and expert advisors.

THURSDAY, AUGUST 3

3. Confirmation of this or an agreed-upon revised schedule during the Council teleconference.

FRIDAY AUGUST 11
4. Distribution of the PDP Feb 06 Expert Materials Collection for the use of the Task Force Members throughout August and the first part of September (Discussion Item: making these materials available on the GNSO website.)

SEPTEMBER 19 AND 20TH, or OCTOBER 12 AND 13
5. Task Force Meeting
- consider expert materials and decide whether further advice from in person experts is needed.
-discuss drafting of Final Report; identify specific changes and additions to move report from preliminary status to Final Report.

FRIDAY OCTOBER 20TH (if Task Force meeting is in September) or FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10 (if Task Force meeting is in October)
6. Final Report released to the GNSO Council for discussion (and subsequent forwarding to the ICANN Board at the São Paulo meeting).

That?s it so far. Kindly respond to the proposed dates for the Task Force meeting prior to the Council teleconference next Thursday. It will save us some time if we have an indication of everyone?s availability. Thank you.

Best regards,
Maureen.