ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work

• To: "Cubberley, Maureen \(CHT\)" <MCubberley@xxxxxxxxx>, "Liz Williams" <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>, "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Glen de Saint Gery" <glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:28:05 -0500

I can do either set of dates
David
At 01:07 PM 7/28/2006, Cubberley, Maureen \(CHT\) wrote:
Good morning All,
I have been in e-mail correspondence with Liz Williams regarding an updated schedule all the work for the PDP Feb 06 Task Force.
The schedule that follows is based on Liz's draft schedule and contains my proposed revisions, particularly with regard to meeting dates, and some sequencing of items.
Regrettably, I was unable to participate in the last Council teleconference, and according to the minutes in the MP3 there was some discussion about the timing of soliciting advice and dialogue with anti-trust and competition experts, and on the date of the next Task Force meeting.
I have proposed dates for both of these items in this revised schedule.
Two sets of dates for the next meeting of the task force are included here - two days in September or two days in October. These dates are based on indications of availability by individual Task Force members at the Marrakesh meeting, and also on the recent request to come up with more than one option for dates. Please note, I have not yet been able to run these dates by ICANN Staff.
I also ask that we add discussion of this schedule to our agenda for the Council teleconference, which will be held next Thursday, August 3. I realize that this addition is one day late for the one-week notice of agenda items. However, there is no documentation to be read and considered other than this e-mail, so I would ask the Council's and Chair?s indulgence in adding this item to next week's agenda.

Proposed Work Schedule for PDP Feb-06 Task Force

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 2

1. Distribution of an updated version of the Preliminary Report on PDP-Feb06 - Contractual conditions for existing gTLDs, which will include the input from the Marrakech meeting.
2. Cut off date for recommendations for expert materials and expert advisors.

THURSDAY, AUGUST 3

3. Confirmation of this or an agreed-upon revised schedule during the Council teleconference.

FRIDAY AUGUST 11
4. Distribution of the PDP Feb 06 Expert Materials Collection for the use of the Task Force Members throughout August and the first part of September (Discussion Item: making these materials available on the GNSO website.)

SEPTEMBER 19 AND 20TH, or OCTOBER 12 AND 13
5. Task Force Meeting
- consider expert materials and decide whether further advice from in person experts is needed.
-discuss drafting of Final Report; identify specific changes and additions to move report from preliminary status to Final Report.

FRIDAY OCTOBER 20TH (if Task Force meeting is in September) or FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10 (if Task Force meeting is in October)
6. Final Report released to the GNSO Council for discussion (and subsequent forwarding to the ICANN Board at the São Paulo meeting).

That?s it so far. Kindly respond to the proposed dates for the Task Force meeting prior to the Council teleconference next Thursday. It will save us some time if we have an indication of everyone?s availability. Thank you.

Best regards,
Maureen.

----------
From: owner-pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Liz Williams
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 2:00 AM
To: Marilyn Cade
Cc: pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work

Dear Colleagues

I have prepared a draft work schedule which is just going through the mill now -- my apologies for the delay. We have a very heavy workload between now and Sao Paolo (nothing new there) but we do want to be sure that we have as few deadline clashes as possible.

I have been concentrating heavily on the new TLDs PDP and other projects and this has slipped through my little net.

My apologies -- should be done ASAP.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel
+32 2 234 7848 fax
+32 497 07 4243 mob

On 28 Jul 2006, at 00:56, Marilyn Cade wrote:

We have lost a lot of time and some flexibility due to the gap of time. It is critical to have more than one option for dates.
Regards,
Marilyn Cade

-----Original Message-----
From: "Cubberley, Maureen \(CHT\)" <<mailto:MCubberley@xxxxxxxxx>MCubberley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:09:31
To:"David W. Maher" <<mailto:dmaher@xxxxxxx>dmaher@xxxxxxx>, "Liz Williams" <<mailto:liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>, "Marilyn Cade" <<mailto:marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:<<mailto:jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <<mailto:gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <<mailto:pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <<mailto:m.cubberley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>m.cubberley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work

Hi David,

???. am working on it as we speak, and I will get back to you by mid-day tomorrow latest. Sorry for the delay.

Best regards,

Maureen

----------------

From: David W. Maher [<mailto:dmaher@xxxxxxx>mailto:dmaher@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:02 PM
To: Liz Williams; Marilyn Cade
Cc: <mailto:jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Cubberley, Maureen (CHT); <mailto:gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; <mailto:pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; <mailto:m.cubberley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>m.cubberley@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work

Do we have a scheduled date yet? thanx David

At 12:16 AM 7/11/2006, Liz Williams wrote:

Dear All

Apologies for silence from my end -- I am now back on deck.

I will speak to Maureen later my today and come up with some solutions. I realise everyone is anxious to get the dates sorted quickly and I'll do my best to ensure that happens by end of the week this week.

Kind regards.

Liz

Liz Williams
 Senior Policy Counselor
 ICANN - Brussels
 +32 2 234 7874 tel
 +32 2 234 7848 fax
 +32 497 07 4243 mob

On 11 Jul 2006, at 02:29, Marilyn Cade wrote:

recall that some had problems with the last part of the week and were asking for earlier in week, due to religious holidays. I think we had seen support for that... can we get a new proposal from staff on which dates? and are we set on L.A.?

Is so, fine by me. as long as we get dates confirmed so we can all buy cheap fares. :-)

I am awre that it is expensive to rent a hotel meeting room/do the logistical set up. IF you decide you want to borrow the AT&T facility again, in DC please let me know. there is still some cost for physical set up, but the staff tehre have reinstalled an audio card in the overhead bridge. and have hand microphones/stands that can be used. the system was not operational for our last meeting due to an audio card outage taht occurred with no backup. They have solved taht problem, they tell me. . The staff did install a wireless network specifically for our use and will reactivate that.

On the other hand, if the meeting is in la. I would assume that the ICANN technial team will handle the set up/technical support for the meeting, so that is a benefit to meeting in LA.

However, you need to let me know asap if you want to see if the room is avialable. I looked into the cost of airfare and it is pretty much the same betwen DC and LA for most attendees. The difference imight be the extratime/flight for Bruce to come to DC, and for Alistair, who would also be coming from points Asia.

In any case, can we see optional dates from staff taking into account the feedback on the religious holiday, and a final decision on site?

Mairyn

From: "Nevett, Jonathon" < <mailto:jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: "Cubberley, Maureen (CHT)" <<mailto:MCubberley@xxxxxxxxx>MCubberley@xxxxxxxxx>, " <mailto:GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: <<mailto:gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>mailto:gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >, < <mailto:pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CC: "Maureen Cubberley" <<mailto:m.cubberley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>m.cubberley@xxxxxxxxxxxx >

Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work

Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:06:34 -0400

Are we set with a September meeting in LA? Let?s lock in the dates. As Marilyn stated, the longer we wait the more expensive it will get. Thanks. Jon

----------------

From: owner-pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxx [ <mailto:owner-pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxx>mailto:owner-pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cubberley, Maureen (CHT)

Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 6:59 AM

To: GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: <<mailto:pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>mailto:pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Cc: Maureen Cubberley

Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] PDP Feb 06 Task Force - proposed schedule for remaining work

Good morning All,

Further to our meeting yesterday, I wish to propose a timeline that takes us from here to the December meeting in São Paulo.

This e-mail incorporates many of the points in the earlier e-mail that circulated yesterday morning, under the subject, ?Marrakech Update? and also incorporates the dates that were included in Bruce?s PowerPoint presentation at the GAC meeting yesterday afternoon.

There are two areas where responses to this e-mail are requested.

Question Number 1.

September 20, 21 and 22 have been proposed as the dates for a face-to-face meeting. The location has not yet been determined, however, Los Angeles has been discussed as a likely location. Please indicate your availability for these dates.

Question Number 2.

Liz Williams has proposed developing a program and schedule to identify and deliver expert materials and expert advice to the task force.

Please provide your recommendations for either materials or experts, as discussed yesterday.

Kindly reply to the entire Task Force list.

Proposed Schedule for Remaining Work.

1. July 15

Confirmation of schedule for remaining work. (This proposal or some amended version thereof.)

2. Throughout Month of August

Seek expert advice. (including literature search and webinar involving expert individuals)

3. September 13th

Complete drafting of Preliminary Report, and circulate to Task Force members.

4. September 20, 21, and 22

Face-To-Face Meeting of Task Force members.

Among the agenda items:

- Discussion of impact of expert advice on terms of reference and on drafting of Final Report.

- Discussion of public comment on terms of reference and on drafting of Final Report

5. October

Finalization of Preliminary Report

Posting for Public Comment

6. November

Draft Final Report circulated to Task Force members

7. December

Meeting in São Paulo

-           Finalize decisions on content for final report

Looking forward to your response and input to this draft schedule.

With thanks,

Maureen

Maureen Cubberley, Chair PDP Feb 06 TF

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy