ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

[pdp-pcceg-feb06] Re: [pdpfeb06-wg1] draft working document for Rapporteur Group A/reminder of call

  • To: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <pdpfeb06-wg1@xxxxxxxxx>, <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Re: [pdpfeb06-wg1] draft working document for Rapporteur Group A/reminder of call
  • From: "David W. Maher" <dmaher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:15:08 -0500

Thanks, Marilyn, but the draft was not attached.
David
At 05:54 PM 10/16/2006, Marilyn Cade wrote:
Dear Group A

Glen previously announced the calls and their time and dial in. If you need the dial in, please let her know.

I have taken the earlier version of the working document used in last week's calls, cut out the position statements of the Constituencies and simplified the format. It is still very much a draft and working document and will serve as the basis of further elaboration on tomorrow's Rapporteur Group A call at 11:00 am. EST.

Tomorrow, as a reminder, as previously scheduled, we will
1) hear about status on registry data definition; status on the 'picket fence' document from staff and any other additions to the existing staff work, including status on expert materials from spectrum allocations,
2) Briefly discuss the published input by the registries to the ICANN Board, allowing time for any registry representatives to speak to those contributions
3) continue work on ToR 5, traffic data.
4) Return to ToR 2.a, using the document we are expecting from the legal team on the 'picket fence' as applied to existing contracts. [was due to the Council on 10/14]
5) Consider whether to do a quick and informal straw poll on ToR 1 and 2.
6) Discuss how to finalize the Rapporteur Group Report and whether a final call is needed before the straw poll/10/24.
.

Under 5, I suggest that we reserve 20 minutes to walk through the draft recommendations and see if we can take an initial 'straw poll' to try to get to 'strong support, no support, some support' on the options shown. This is merely to try to get to fewer options to then complete more elaboration on. On Tuesday, Oct. 24, we will have a complete walk through on the options after further drafting and elaboration. However, tomorrow will prepare us to provide a summary report for the Council call on the 19th.

Best regards,

Marilyn Cade, as Rapporteur