ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

[pdp-pcceg-feb06] Post 23 Jan Meeting note

  • To: PDPfeb06 <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Post 23 Jan Meeting note
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:02:01 -0500

Hi,

First I want to reiterate my thanks to the constituencies for a 5/6 constituency attendance.

At the end of the call I made a request for list participation over the next 2 weeks before the next meeting on 6 Feb 19-2045 UTC.

Specifically the following 3 types of content are solicited:

- Once the synopsis and/or the transcript of the information relating to Registry collection and use of data; including the collection and use of traffic data, is made available, it would be a good thing if people could comment on that synopsis to make sure it is as complete and accurate as possible.

- As requested by Jeff during the meeting, it would good if those who have concerns and questions about traffic data collection would explain their concerns and questions in email. The Registry Constituency has put together a subgroup to prepare a report on Registry collection and use of data; including the collection and use of traffic data, and will be better able to answer all the questions and concerns if they know what they are.

- As the goal of the Task force is the preparation of recommendations regarding consensus policy and as the particular ToR we are currently focusing on is ToR 5 it would be good if members of the task force, and the respective constituencies, contribute proposals for recommendations that can be discussed both on the list and in our next phone call.

If possible I would recommend that people limit the content of each email to a single topic with an appropriate subject, so that we can all follow all the threads easily (or relatively easily).

I think it would also be good if ad-hoc groups could be formed to work together during the next week or so to formulate proposed policy recommendations.

As for the next meeting, my early proposal for the agenda is:

- opening stuff (roll call, statements and agenda review)
- brief review of the status of documentation and understanding of Registry collection and use of data; including the collection and use of traffic data.
- discussion of proposed policy recommendations - which can range from a no-policy-recommendation needed to specific yet to be defined specific policy recommendations)

thanks
a.