ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Quick notes on current Draft final report

  • To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Quick notes on current Draft final report
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 15:18:34 -0500

On 7-Mar-07, at 3:01 PM, Neuman, Jeff wrote:

The reason our claim of scope is different than the opinion of the Task
Force or Council, is that we (the registries) have contracts with ICANN
that defined (in certain areas) the scope of Policy Development.

I think this is irrelevant. You are arguing whether or not the output of the task force qualifies as Policy Development activity under your contracts, I hear the other side arguing whether or not the output of this task force qualifies as Policy Development activity under ICANN's bylaws.

I think that the first condition can be false and the second condition can be true without either parties being wrong. If this is the case, then I'm not sure what the real issue is.

Ross Rader Director, Retail Services t. 416.538.5492 c. 416.828.8783 http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen