ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] ICANN Opens Public Comment Period on Policy Development Process on Policies for Contractual Conditions: Existing Registries

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] ICANN Opens Public Comment Period on Policy Development Process on Policies for Contractual Conditions: Existing Registries
  • From: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:13:00 +0100

Avri

I am happy to take line edits on the existing report - please refer to page and section numbers. I don't expect that the discussions will be re-opened. I have not taken some suggestions for changes because they didn't have the agreement of the whole group. I am not able to arbitrarily change text, especially as it relates to recommendations, if the group have not agreed a position. Note also that I need, for the final version, to re-insert the requirement under Section E of the GNSO PDP bylaws which requires the following:

e. Task Force Report. ... Each Task Force Report must include:

1. A clear statement of any Supermajority Vote position of the task force on the issue;

2. If a Supermajority Vote was not reached, a clear statement of all positions espoused by task force members submitted within the twenty- day timeline for submission of constituency reports. Each statement should clearly indicate (i) the reasons underlying the position and (ii) the constituency(ies) that held the position;

3. An analysis of how the issue would affect each constituency of the task force, including any financial impact on the constituency;

4. An analysis of the period of time that would likely be necessary to implement the policy; and

5. The advice of any outside advisors appointed to the task force by the Council, accompanied by a detailed statement of the advisors' (i) qualifications and relevant experience; and (ii) potential conflicts of interest.

In particular we must do 3, 4 & 5.

The Saturday meeting has been scheduled and I hope that if anyone can provide textual edits, that they would do so prior to that meeting.

The public comment period ends during the ICANN meeting. I would suggest that any comments from that archive can be taken into account at the Saturday meeting -- I don't expect many public comments which are differentiated from constituency positions.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels