ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Report and the Vote on Report

  • To: Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Report and the Vote on Report
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:44:23 -0400

Dear Philip,

I had thought that ack, short for acknowledgment, was a standard term and usage in the telecommunications and internet industries. Thank you for pointing out that it is not a term known to all in the industry. I certainly did _not_ intend for any of you to direct violence, or any other unkindness, at Glen.

As for ack ack guns, I had thought that usage went out with WW II. But doing a bit of research shows that the usage is still somewhat current at least as late as the 1970's song ACK ACK ACK ACK by an early american punk band the Urinals.

Thank you

a.