ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pir-dnssec-proposal]

Support for signing of .org

  • To: pir-dnssec-proposal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Support for signing of .org
  • From: Russ Housley <housley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 17:23:03 -0400

I am presently serving as the Chair of the IETF. Retrieval of IETF documents and participation in IETF email discussion lists depends on proper name resolution of ietf.org and other DNS entries. It is my strong belief that DNSSEC should be used throughout the Internet to ensure that these names are resolved properly. To that end, I have asked the IETF Secretariat to look into signing the domains that they operate on behalf of the IETF community. These include:

        ietf.org
        iesg.org
        irtf.org
        iab.org

This action will be more beneficial if .org is also signed. Therefore I encourage ICANN to approve the request from PIR.

Thanks for listening,
  Russ

P.S. I also encourage ICANN to follow suite by signing icann.org and iana.org.