Questions Regarding the Revised Process
- To: <principles-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Questions Regarding the Revised Process
- From: "Bernard Turcotte" <bernard.turcotte@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 09:36:26 -0500
Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
Second submission to ICANN regarding its consultation on the Development of
Transparency and Accountability Management Operating Principles
November 1, 2006
CIRA applauds ICANN's decision to extend the timeframe for consultation as
well as the publication of the details of its process.
We seek clarification of the following points on the revised process:
- The revised process states:
"In addition to seeking comments from the community, other workstreams are
taking place concurrently:
. Research is being undertaken to identify other organizations that have
accountability and transparency frameworks or charters. These frameworks and
charters will be analyzed to see if there are lessons that might be applied
in the ICANN context.
. A review is underway to identify organizations that offer benchmarking or
audit services in the area of accountability and transparency for not for
profit organizations to see if ICANN might be able to use such services for
an independent review or for further advice"
What additional information or research will ICANN be publishing to the
community on this topic and when will it be published?
- Will ICANN provide a "Summary of Responses" after the close of the public
- Will ICANN conduct a public consultation on its final draft of the
Management Operating Principles given the proposed schedule can accommodate
this? If so will it provide a "summary of responses"?
- Will ICANN provide the community with a listing and analysis of all the
inputs being considered in the definition of the final draft of its
Management Operating Principles prior to the Board approving these?
- Will the ICANN Board have a public discussion/workshop on the Management
Operating Principles at the Lisbon meeting prior to considering approving
President and CEO
Cc: CIRA Board, ICANN Board, CCNSO, CIRA web site