ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[raa-consultation]

My opinion on new registrar rules

  • To: raa-consultation@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: My opinion on new registrar rules
  • From: "Nathan Mol" <nathanr.mol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:54:52 -0600

Dear ICANN,

I strongly believe that registrars should not be allowed to take the expired
domains of its customers and keep them for themselves. It is my
understanding that this has been and is continuing top take place
(registrars such as TUCOWS).  Registrars are in a position of trust with
domain owners and should not be able to use their privileged position to
compete against their own customers. This type of conflict of interest is
unacceptable in any type of professional industry.

Sincerely,

Nathan M.

Edmonton, Canada