ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[raa-consultation]

Icann accredited domain name registrars abusing icann acreditation

  • To: raa-consultation@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Icann accredited domain name registrars abusing icann acreditation
  • From: dt@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 20:33:30 -0600

Hi there,

I do not write emails lightly of this kind of content but it has to be done.

It is outright nonsense that your (Icann) domain name accredited registrars can warehouse domain names once they expire (keep them for themselves).

Accredited domain name registrars supose to serve customers (individuals and company's) which want to register domain names - they are already making money via domain name registration of a particular domain name ext (be it .com or otherwise).

How can someone register a domain name which is expired with a particular accredited domain name registrar when that domain name is being held with some other registrar?

This warehousing of domain names SHOULD be stoped this is CRIMINAL.

Also ICANN should ENFORCE their policy's upon accredited ICANN domain name registrars and it they breach those policy's they SHOULD be heavily $$$$ fined.

I could write of many more issues but my intention is that ICANN has to do it's part otherwise the internet will become the virtual wild west dominated by the idiotic accredited domain name registrars.

Kind Regards

Damir Tankovic