ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[raa-consultation]

RE: Policies

  • To: <raa-consultation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Policies
  • From: cm m <cmcd__@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:57:46 -0700

The letter below was sent to your press inquires department. Add to that - your
allowance of unethical registrar practices of warehousing/speculation of domain
names. I understand you are 'reviewing' draft changes to your registrar
agreement, I suggest you do make the basic-ethics changes you should have made
three/four/five years ago.  "
Greetings,

I am finishing a political book in which technology, corporate ethics/ attitude
and laziness are all featured. I called your office to receive a silly run
around from inept reception-people, perfect for my book.

My ICANN findings thus far: 60 million in funding, and you refuse to provide a
direct, secure way to search available domain names.
You have been in receipt of numerous complaints over several years and have
done nothing on this. Though I note you've 'accomplished' a lot of lofty 'world
travel' in this same time. Your registrar policy hasn't been updated since
2004, regardless that registrars are virtually free of any ethical practices
short of transferring domain names- and even that is stretched to the maximum
in their favor.

This is what will appear in my book - unless you inform me otherwise.
" CM

It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk. Check out the i’m Talkathon.
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_072008