ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[registrar-accredit-eval]

Proposed changes and fee increase

  • To: "registrar-accredit-eval@xxxxxxxxx" <registrar-accredit-eval@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Proposed changes and fee increase
  • From: Mesut Bulent Turkoglu <bulent.turkoglu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:18:16 -0500

Wrt:

Public Comment: Proposed Changes to Enhance ICANN's Registrar Accreditation
Evaluation Process

Hi Mr Gobin,

I am representing the registrar Sibername.com Inc.

I have read your proposed changes to the accreditation process ,

We do not think it makes any positive affect on the registrar accreditation
process, it would only cause less accreditation applications and acceptations.

Another affect that would limit the number of successful existing registrars
because the chance of staying as registrar would be weakened. Because of high
competition,most registrars are having difficulty already,

Increased number of registrars will decrease the cost of being registrar.

Because the registry has policies in place and practiced already for registrars
failed, I do not see any reason why you should  make it harder to become a
registrar,

We will have problem to keep our prices at competitive levels if you increase
our annual cost.

We do not accept ICANN to increase our annual costs for not supportable reasons
like the one you suggest ,

Hope you will not make this huge mistake,

Best Regards,

 Bulent Turkoglu

Director

Sibername.com