ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[registry-failure-report]

Two hitherto secret amendments to the .AERO agreement ?

  • To: registry-failure-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Two hitherto secret amendments to the .AERO agreement ?
  • From: John L <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 00:24:26 -0400 (EDT)

I see there are two recently posted amendments to the .AERO agreement, each giving a six month extension to the agreement that expired last year.

Having looked through the Board minutes, I see no reference to these extensions. Since the board had to approve the original agreement, and the board had to agree to enter into renewal negotiations, on what authority can ICANN agree to these amendments without board action?

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.