ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[registry-services-report]

XXX / TLD

  • To: registry-services-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: XXX / TLD
  • From: Gene Strong <gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 00:55:14 -0500

Gentlemen,

You have granted "BIG brother" ( US GOVT , of course ) an extra
30 days to find a more politically correct/defensible position in light of an apparent
last minute Christian fundamentalist criticism of the xxx TLD.

I note no equal opportunity for supporters of the xxx TLD
so I take the opportunity to "crash" the registry-services
commentary forum to voice my opinion.

I am in no way connected to any pornographic business and I
do support the US govt. decision to maintain ultimate control
of the internet's mechanical workings as a defense against
subversive terrorist elements however I also believe that the
xxx TLD was a good idea and well within the jurisdiction which
should be ICANN's.

Respectfully yours,
Gene Strong
Conroe, TX

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.10/73 - Release Date: 8/15/2005