ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[registryservice]

RE: Arabic country name registration

  • To: "Nicoleta M. Munteanu" <nicoleta.munteanu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Arabic country name registration
  • From: Mohamed Abdulkader Al-Ghaily <m.abdulkader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 04:17:34 +0000

Dear Nicoleta,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and I really apologize for the delay
in replying you as missed some of my e-mails due to a problem in my PC which
has been sorted out.

As you know, ccTDL  (.ye)  is managed by TeleYemen since September 1996 when
TeleYemen started  its ISP business  according to a delegation from the Yemeni
government beside its role as the only authorized international telecoms
provider in Yemen.

In 2001, PTC (the owner of the Yemen national network) started its ISP
business, unfortunately, instead of registering as secondary DNS, somehow, they
have registered as primary and secondary DNS  which resulted in some extra
efforts  from TeleYemen to keep the network stable and records of Domains
registered in both TeleYemen and PTC internet networks.

Now, when we talked with PTC , they think that they have the rights to manage
the Arabic ccTDL  (.يمن ) of Yemen while  we think  that TeleYemen being
delegated to manage .ye is entitle to also manage .يمن

Beside completing required .يمن  ccTDL registrations form, appreciate your help
 (views/requirements)  to enable us to complete the process for .يمن
registration.

Best regards

Mohammed .Abdulkader
Chief Commercial Officer