ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[retransfers-comments]

This 60 day transfer policy at Network Solutions makes no sense, other than...

  • To: <retransfers-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: This 60 day transfer policy at Network Solutions makes no sense, other than...
  • From: Hostmaster <hostmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 11:06:43 -0700

Hello

Below is an example Network Solutions statement:

Dear Network Solutions® Customer,
Some of the domains in your account(s) will not be able to be transferred to
another registrar for a period of 60 days, as a result of a Primary Contact
or WHOIS Admin Contact change on October 5, 2007. This transfer-lock has
been applied for security reasons, to help prevent unauthorized transfer of
your domain registration(s) to another registrar.
To see which domains have been locked, simply log into your Account Manager
and click on a domain.
The transfer-lock will be removed on December 4, 2007, after which, should
you wish, you may transfer your domain registration(s). If you are planning
to move to another registrar, we would like to do whatever it takes to keep
your business - please let us know how we can improve our service to you.
Network Solutions is committed to providing the most secure and reliable
domain registration services for our customers. If you have any questions,
please contact Customer Service at customerservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sincerely,
Network Solutions® Customer Support

I see no purpose for this sort of policy other than to ensure client's are
unable to transfer out near expiring domains.

We already have locking in place, which cannot be turned off except by the
owner of the domain name.

Does anyone else see this differently?

Best Wishes,
Jim Walker