ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-biz-info-org-agreements]

Re: [ga] .BIZ contract amendment in May 2006? Also, Has Neustar filed its "Proof of Concept" reports for .biz?

  • To: "Drazek, Keith" <Keith.Drazek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .BIZ contract amendment in May 2006? Also, Has Neustar filed its "Proof of Concept" reports for .biz?
  • From: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:35:48 -0800

Given that .biz got the nod while 40 other applicants were told (after each paying $50,000 for the privilege) to wait, it seems very unfair to allow .biz or any of the other six (and subsequent) TLD winers to amend their contracts with ICANN until such time as those other 40 get approved.

So I propose that .biz, and everybody else, has to sit with their existing contracts until those folks who paid $2,000,000 to ICANN in year 2000 get approved.

It's only fair that you not get the green light while those other 40 have to sit, and sit, and sit, and sit...

By-the-way, if memory serves me right, one thing I noticed in ICANN's accounting (remember, I'm probably the *only* person outside of ICANN's staff who has ever really looked at it) did not put that $2,000,000 in year 2000 application fees in an account that was considered contingent or refundable. And ICANN has explicitly said that those applications are not dis-approved but remain pending.

                --karl--