ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-biz-info-org-agreements]

Another botched deal

  • To: revised-biz-info-org-agreements@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Another botched deal
  • From: Katherine <katherine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:33:09 +0100

Once again it seems ICANN has failed to abide by its own principles:
"As a private-public partnership, ICANN is dedicated to preserving the operational stability of the Internet; *to promoting competition*; to achieving broad representation of global Internet communities; and to developing policy appropriate to its mission through bottom-up, *consensus*-based processes."
(emphasis is mine)
These rushed TLDs agreements are just another nail in the coffin of the registrant community.
Who is ICANN working for ? For the common good of the Internet community or on behalf of cozy registry monopolies ?
We have made it clear we do not want these agreements the way they are drafted.
When will ICANN listen ?

A very pissed woman :o(