ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

Verisign contract...

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Verisign contract...
  • From: ejo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:40:22 -0600 (CST)

My comments are posted below...

** Pricing: The proposed revisions provide Verisign with the
unprecedented capability to increase prices by seven percent annually
in four of the next six years.

I'd like to see your bidding process opened so that more vendors are included. I'm concerned we are not getting the most value for our dollar.
I would assume the technology costs for this service are falling. I see a general cost of living index rise, but a blanket seven percent is unacceptable.

** Perpetual Management Rights: The proposed revisions would modify
the renewal clauses so that the contract is essentially non-
cancellable and ICANN's right to rebid the contract is taken away.
This is especially objectionable in the context of the current
restrictive regime for introduction of new gTLDs.

Unacceptable, open your options and rebid this contract.