ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

I beg of you, don't renew

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I beg of you, don't renew
  • From: Troy Arnold <troy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:17:20 -0800

After Verisign's horrid past behavior that includes effectively breaking
the DNS system, how can ICAAN even consider allowing Verisign to continue
as .com registry operator?  How ?

Verisign has proven that their only motive is profit at any cost, and under
the most unethical of terms.  There is no benefit, and a considerable harm
to the consumer in renewing this contract at all, but especially under
these candy terms.

Where's the clause where we send Verisign $.05 each time we resolve a
.com?

If this or any other you-wash-my-back-I'll-wash-yours contract is executed,
my representatives will hear loadly about my support for an overhaul and
investigation into ICAAN.  Because, at that point, it will be obvious the
rumors of back-room pocket lining of ICAAN board are true.

disgusted,

Troy Arnold
Santa Rosa, CA