ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

Against this agreement Not against price increses in general

  • To: <revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Against this agreement Not against price increses in general
  • From: "Claudio Corbetta" <claudio.corbetta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:12:00 +0100

Although I do not support the revised agreement in Verisign's favour
(because of its quasi-monopolistic nature), I am not against price
increases in general.

Competing only by ever decreasing prices of domains does not foster true
competition on services and products, it only lowers standards.
Investments and product development become difficult (just look at 80%
of registrars websites, still the same as 2000), against the interest of
consumers

Claudio Corbetta
CEO
REGISTER.IT SPA - DADA GROUP