ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

Re: pot meet kettle

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: pot meet kettle
  • From: "Core list user" <core@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:17:55 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

CORE is a registry operator and a registrar. That is a public and
well-known fact. The difference to some of the posters here is that I
have not hiding my motivation and provide solid arguments for my
position. If you carefully read the pro-settlement comments, you will
notice that most of them are "Yes, I am willing to pay more for better
service" without considering that there is no justification to pay
more, and "the registrars are just some guys who can not stop
complaining" which is not even ontopic. Those people are not talking
about ICANN being non-compliant with its own mission would they accept
this "deal".

Back to your point: VGRS has been in non-compliance, I think you will
not deny that. And if you want a proof that competition is for the
benefit of the user, just look at the .net reassignment. Suddenly we
have a new agreement with some service enhancements at a lower price.

If you want to discuss other aspects, I am happy to respond to your
posts. I think I have provided a good number of starting points. Right
now I have not seen any post in this forum that provided a reasonable
counterargument against my comments.

Yours,
Marcus Faure
CORE Council of Registrars