ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

GMO Internet opposes the terms of the revised .COM settlement

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: GMO Internet opposes the terms of the revised .COM settlement
  • From: "benjamin@xxxxxx" <benjamin@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:50:12 +0900

To ICANN Staff and concerned parties,

We here at GMO Internet oppose the current terms of the revised .COM settlement. While there is a immediate need for ICANN to reach a settlement, it should not come at the price of increased prices and perpetual management rights.

In a techincally-driven industry, the costs of providing a service as simple as ours do not go up this dramatically.

I ask the Board to reconsider this settlement as the reputation of the ICANN body at large is at stake.

GMO Internet also supports the open letter from Jon Nevett opposing the revised settlement.

Thanks,
Ben Ward
GMO Internet