ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

agreement with verisign

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: agreement with verisign
  • From: Michael Dean <mdean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:55:06 -0800

To Whom It May Concern:

I am opposed to the new settlement and agreement with Verisign. I am dismayed and discouraged at this process and the weak decision-making it reflects by ICANN, because it perpetuates the appearance of corruption, arrogance, and severe biases toward favored contractors. That is unseemly, unfounded, the antithesis of best practices, and a short sighted decision that will come back to haunt ICANN. I urge the U.S. Department of Commerce to disband ICANN as an organization, and to place more severe limitations on its successor. ICANN has proven time and time again that it can't make just decisions -- it is just a junket vehicle for its disingenuous members.

Michael Dean, CEO SourceView Corporation 716 Alhambra Ave. Martinez, CA 94553 (925) 284-8439

begin:vcard
fn:Michael Dean
n:Dean;Michael
email;internet:michael.dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx