ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

Proposed agreement comments

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Proposed agreement comments
  • From: Ron Boyd <rwboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:04:00 -0500

This proposed agreement seems dangerously close to being in violations fo the competitions act in Canada and definitely is not an agreement in good faith.

The negative effects of such an agreement would possibly kill the small come back the .com industry is currently experiencing.

We are in an atmosphere of constantly lowering prices throughout the Internet. Raising them on .com registrations would definitey have a negative impact on the entire industry.

In light of this we have proceeded to no longer offer verisign products and will be slowly converting all our clients to alternate products. if this agreement is passed we will more than likely recommend other TLDs to our clients.

Ron Boyd e: rwboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ph: 905.877.0263 url: http://www.orionsweb.net ..............................................................