ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[rproproposal]

Proposed Contract Amendments from RegistryPro

  • To: rproproposal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Proposed Contract Amendments from RegistryPro
  • From: keistermeister@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:31:05 -0700

I strongly support opening up .pro to the entire Internet community as
a stand alone 2nd level extension that
can be registered without a digital certificate to keep pricing down.
I've always seen great potential in the "PRO"
gTLD string as appealing to professionals world-wide regardless of profession.

The 3rd-level profession specific TLDs should remain and be expanded
to include more professions. A faster, less
confusion method of authentication should be developed to open up the
3rd levels to professionals around the world.

I'm glad to see ICANN and RegistryPro moving in this direction.

 -Chris Kay