ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[sac053-dotless-domains]

Radix Registry does not support the SSAC report on Dotless Domains

  • To: <sac053-dotless-domains@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Radix Registry does not support the SSAC report on Dotless Domains
  • From: "Shweta Sahjwani" <shweta.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 16:37:09 +0530

Hi,

I am writing to you on behalf of Radix Registry.

Radix Registry does not support the recommendations of the SSAC report on
Dotless Domains.

While we understand the stability concerns associated with implementing the
use of Dotless Domains, we believe that there are ways that can be found to
work around these issues. A greater effort is required to explore and
identify solutions to the problems stated in the report before prohibiting
the use of Dotless Domains altogether. Some creative solutions have been
proposed by stakeholders such as Donuts, and we would urge you to evaluate
these and other suggestions as well.

Furthermore, we would like to point out that there are certain benefits
consequent to the usage of Dotless Domains such as an enhanced user
experience in terms of faster and more intuitive addressing, which should
also be considered before prohibiting them altogether.

Overall, Radix Registry does not support the recommendations drawn in the
SSAC report on Dotless Domains.

Best regards,

Shweta Sahjwani

Strategic Partner Manager