ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Settlement and DotCom Agreement Comments

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Settlement and DotCom Agreement Comments
  • From: "Brian Johnson" <bdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:54:02 -0500

.jobs supports both the ICANN/VeriSign settlement and the proposed
ICANN/VeriSign .com agreement.

We do not believe that on-going, protracted litigation is to the benefit
of either of the parties involved, nor to the benefit of registries in
general or the global internet community.

We believe that the terms of the proposed ICANN/VeriSign .com agreement
are appropriate in light of the business environment that the Internet
has become, and consistent with ICANN's mission to preserve the security
and stability of the DNS.  This is particularly true regarding the
presumptive right of renewal and the controlled price increases, both of
which are in line with generally accepted, common business practices.

We see the settlement and the proposed .com agreement as a prudent step
in the right direction - a direction towards a more uniform, predictable
and business-oriented relationship between ICANN and the registries.

For these reasons and others, we support both the settlement and the
proposed agreement.

-Sincerely

Brian Johnson

Vice President and General Counsel, .jobs

www.goto.jobs