ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

.COM Domain Names price will increase due to ICANN-Verisign Settlement

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .COM Domain Names price will increase due to ICANN-Verisign Settlement
  • From: "Bitscape IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd." <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:28:11 +0530

We register our protest to ICANN on behalf of our company and more than 500
.com domain holders to which our company is serving. We oppose the proposed
signup for this Settlement.

We are in to business since more than 4 years and this price hike will
surely effect us and our clients. Please consider following points.

*         ICANN itself has stated publicly that it is more likely to win the
lawsuit than lose it. There is no reason for it to sell out the Internet to
settle this litigation when there is a greater chance of it winning the
lawsuit anyways.

*         The outcome does not provide benefits to the Internet community
that both ICANN and Verisign were intended to serve.

*         The ICANN staff are proposing to provide Verisign the ability to
increase their prices by 7% annually. Everywhere around the world prices for
domain names and web services are reducing. There is no reason for ICANN to
grant an increase in the prices.

*         ICANN is supposed to act as an administrator of the Internet on
behalf of the Internet community. This proposed settlement however benefits
ICANN and Verisign at the cost of the community.

Regards

Kartik Shah

(Director)

Bitscape IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd.