ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Price increase for dotcom names -- Its a sad news

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Price increase for dotcom names -- Its a sad news
  • From: "contact" <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:46:52 +0530

Dear Sir,

The unilateral price increase for dotcom prices is a sad news.

We are resellers for more than 500 dotcom names. We are sure, the consistant
price increase is not going to be welcomed by our potential customers and in
places like India, where internet penetration is just beginning to happen,
shiftovers to other cheaper alternatives will be common, which will be
unnecessary headache for us. Its already a very tight margin business,
sustainable at very high volumes only.

It will incourage potential customers to prefer other cheaper alternatives.

Umesh Dhingra
www.askyourdronline.com