ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Settlement

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Settlement
  • From: Michael Pope <the_ancient@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 06:27:09 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I just received an email containing the details of
this settlement.

Everything in it go against all free market
principles, Verisign already gets, IMO, too much money
for the services they provide,  to give them more it
ludicrous.

I hope you, the board for ICANN, will do the right
thing and reject this settlement,

Failing that,  I will be emailing the US Dept of
Commerce in the hopes they can Veto this action,  if
not maybe this will be the "straw that broke the camel
back" and we can get a good fair organization to
REPLACE icann once your contract with them expires