ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

No to ICANN & Verisign Agreement

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: No to ICANN & Verisign Agreement
  • From: "Prateek Patel" <prateek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:45:04 +0530

Hi ICANN,

This is Prateek Patel, Co-Founder of ETrends Communications.
There is really no justification to increasing the domain
cost. The market is already very competitve and people like
us will stop entertaining domain registeration requests.
There is no point in taking domain names headache when
we will not be able to make a decent profit out of it.
Also, we are in no mood to explain the customers that
because ICANN took a decision to increase the domain
cost, our cost has increased and so you have to pay more.

The entire Internet community expects ICANN to take a
wise decision.

Thanks

Prateek Patel
ETrends Communications