ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

I say NO - to no annual bids for .COM registrations management, and 7% increases

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I say NO - to no annual bids for .COM registrations management, and 7% increases
  • From: "Digital Backups Group" <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:04:23 -0600

To Whom it May Concern,

I can not begin to describe how disappointed I am about the direction ICANN
is headed with the Verisign settlement and the .COM decision.

No company should be a monopoly and not have to bid for such an important
item like managing the .COM domain names..  I believe this settlement is
completely unfair and unjust to the small business owner and consumers.

While I see other domain extensions reducing in price,  I foresee .COM
seeing sharp increases as Verisign grossly profits off of the consumer with
no competition- MONOPOLIES ARE WRONG! ! ! !

I urge those in charge at ICANN to reconsider and keep open free enterprise
by allowing open bid for the annual contract,  and/or reduce the sharp
annual increases of 7% proposed for the .COM registrations.

Sincerely,

Bryan Webster, President

Digital Backups Group

HYPERLINK "mailto:email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx