ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Prices of Domain Names should not be interferred by ICANN.

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Prices of Domain Names should not be interferred by ICANN.
  • From: Rajendra Kulkarni <rajendrapk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 06:15:46 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Whomsoever,

  We are in the .com and related businesses since the day Internet stepped down
in my country - since last 10 years.

  Right from day one, we all have been told and convinced about, that Internet
is not owned by any country, any commercial organization or by any individual
for that matter. The Internet has been the property of ALL INTERNET USERS.

  Having this trust developed over the decades, now it is unfair, unjust and
unethycal for ICANN to grant any commercial decisions to any commercial
organization without the concent of the Owners - i.e. the INTERNET USERS.

  I strongly protest against the settlement clauses of permitting VeriSign hike
in the charges every year.

  Rajendra Kulkarni,
  Director,
  Small Planet Solutions Pvt. Ltd.,