ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Verisign / ICANN & public service

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Verisign / ICANN & public service
  • From: "info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:53:48 +0100

Madam, Sir,

Similar to other concerned parties- I join the strong opposition campain
against the proposal that is in it's spirit and long term effect CORRUPT.

I'm writing to lodge strong opposition against the approval of the agreement
between ICANN and Verisign.

We feel that:

* The ICANN Board of Directors, should not approve the agreement
between ICANN and Versign in its current form.
* The proposed .com renewal contract should be reworked to reflect
the Internet community's concerns.
* The gTLD namespaces are a public trust; no registry operator
should be given indefinite control over them, especially one as
important as .com.
* Any price increases by VeriSign's or any other registry should
be cost-based and subject to approval.
* All ICANN fees should continue to be approved by the Internet
community.
* Internet users should not have to pay an unreasonable "ICANN Tax" or pay
more for domain names just to increase a single registry's
profits.

Sincerly,
Martin