ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

INDIANNIC : SETTLEMENT COMMENTS

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: INDIANNIC : SETTLEMENT COMMENTS
  • From: "INDIANNIC-HOSTING" <hosting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:17:42 +0530

hi

we are a small company in India, hosting around 11 dedicated servers since
1998
most domains are naturally .com domains.
we have booked domains in the begining at 35 usd per year and as years
passed
in the begining a cost of 35 usd may possibly be justified since internet
was still young and the numbers small, competition very low causing the
costs to be high

however today when practically the business is booming globally and internet
presence is increasing by leaps and bounds the costs should be actually be
coming down by 7 percent every year rather than increasing.

domain names are just a virtual entry and does not need any tangible
material to manufacture.

ICANN MEMBERS please see your website
http://icann.org/new.html

##############
What is ICANN?

As a private-public partnership, ICANN is dedicated to preserving the
operational stability of the Internet; to promoting competition; to
achieving broad representation of global Internet communities; and to
developing policy appropriate to its mission through bottom-up,
consensus-based processes.

##############

the proposed agreement will completely violate ICANN's own definition of
itself

a) ICANN is dedicated to preserving the operational stability of the
Internet;

will cause a lot of instability

b) to promoting competition;
c) to achieving broad representation of global Internet communities

b) to developing policy appropriate to its mission through bottom-up,
consensus-based processes.

internet community not just verisign and its stock holders

it is not that i cannot afford or my clients cannot afford to pay 20 usd per
domain in 7 years time --- but the point is that why should we let a bunch
of selfish people be allowed to fleece the rest of the world through
white-collared extortion.

If verisign finds that it is not able to handle the registry then let it
give it up. there are a lot many more people globally who can handle the
same in a far better way

We register our strong protest against this proposed sigining of agreeement
between verisgin and ICANN which seems to be solely intended to enrich a few
selfish individuals at the cost of the rest of global internet community.

Regards
Rajesh Mahadevan
Indian Network Information Centre
+91-22-27693138
+91-22-30981070
Mobile : +91-9821057134

dangerous content and is believed to be clean.