ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

My fury at your settlement with Verisign

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: My fury at your settlement with Verisign
  • From: Jamie White <jatos.software@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 20:30:36 +0000

Dear ICANN
I am absolutely infuriated at this settlement. We all know Verisign. They
want to make as much money as possible. They are bound to increase their
prices by the full 7% each year. This increase in domain prices is bound to,
after the first year, start inhibiting the growth of some websites,
as webmaster's start paying signifigantly higher prices for their domains.
Now I am going to do everything I reasonably can to stop you making this
settlement.  If you do continue settlement I will boycott .com domains as
far as can. I will also ask all my contacts to do the exactly same.
I sincerely hope you reconsider this settlement
Jamie White