ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Verisign takeover of .com

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Verisign takeover of .com
  • From: "info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 15:15:33 +0000

ICANN is charged with protecting the public interest. I'm sure all who have written to this list are demanding that ICANN do just that.

The history of the .com registry clearly shows that it was a U.S. government collaboration with Academia. This was a not-for-profit entity which did a good job in its day. Since the registry became commercialized, quality of service and attention to the public good has diminished.

I urge ICANN to fulfill it's role and defend the .com registry from further commercial abuse.

andrew lovatt, md

r e d m o o n m e d i a  .  c o m
clear thinking - creative vision

see