Proposed Agreement ICANN & Verisign
- To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>, <cgutierrez@xxxxxxx>, <mgallagher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Proposed Agreement ICANN & Verisign
- From: "Jim Guiltinan" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:12:45 -0800
To Whom it May Concern:
I am writing to protest the proposed agreement between ICANN and Verisign
* Allow Verisign to increase the price of .com domain names by 7% each year.
There is no reason why the rate of .com domain names should need to be
increased by any percentage other than the standard economy's rate of
inflation in the United States. Verisign is also a service provider, and
has many revenue streams besides domain registration.
* Put into place difficult to implement cancellation terms, resulting in
Verisign gaining perpetual control of the .com registry. Consumers do not
want or need abusive cancellation policies that are designed to force them
to stay with Verisign as their registrar, which is the situation we had 3
years ago and that ICANN saved the day by implementing standards for
cancellation of registrar policies.
I urge you to put the consumer at the top of the priority list in terms of
who benefits from any agreements between ICANN and Verisign.
* * Jim Guiltinan
* ABW Host, LLC
* * http://abwhost.net
* "Industrial Strength Web Hosting"