ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Re: Alicia Preston ICANN Comment

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Alicia Preston ICANN Comment
  • From: J J <nametycoon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:52:54 -0800 (PST)

"First, gas prices wll go up more in six years than
this! Here's a simple
solution to all the people angry about price
increases: Go to your registrar
and extend your domain names for 5 to 10 years.
Network Solutions will go as
long as a 100-year renewal! This is really a non-issue
- unless of course you
just like fighting and litigation. Glad to see ICANN
doing its job."

You're probably right on the gas prices Alicia but do
you know why there was a dramatic decrease in prices
in a very short time recently? I'll give you a hint.

"Profits of major oil companies reached $43.3 billion
in the first half of 2005, some 42 percent higher than
in the same period last year. "

http://www.conocophillips.com/newsroom/other_resources/energyanswers/oil_profits.htm

And you're also right about the price being "a
non-issue." It's part of ALOT of issues.

1. WildcardDNS/SiteFinder
2. WLS/CLS/Expired domain monopoly
3. Perpetual presumptive renewal clause
4. $200M R&D commitment disappears
5. Traffic data sales
6. Appendix Y disappears
7. ICANN fee doubles
8. 7% a year increase

I'm sure there's more but you should get the idea. All
of this means BILLIONS of dollars in additional
revenue to Verisign. All in the name of ICANN doing a
good job. Give them another pat on the back will ya.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com